Tips for getting the best matches
- Make sure to register your home information accurately. Look through the employer list and select your worksite if possible. It will make it faster to set up a work commute.
- Is your e-mail address correct? Doublecheck it to ensure that you receive information from potential carpool partners. Use the Message center to manage your communications with potential poolers.
- Use the Public Profile tab to share basic information about yourself and your preferences with potential carpool partners. Make sure to clicking on “Make profile visible” to activate. Your information will only go to commuters who match your commute. If you choose, you can share your information on social networking sites.
- Enter specifics about your commute (I only need a ride in the morning, I have a handicap) in the comments section. The more information you can supply up front, the better chance you will find a partner who is prepared to work with you.
- Name each ridematch request so you can identify it later (Vikings game, work or daycare).
- Look at the map to make sure it reflects your correct address and preferred travel path. To modify the route, click on the map and drag the route line to the correct route.
- Has your schedule changed? Make sure to update your profile so it reflects your needed commute days and times.
- The search radius bar in Preferences sets the distance the planner will look around your home location, destination and route. Set the search radius to a reasonable distance based on your commute to get the best matches. For commutes under five miles, use a shorter search radius.
- Selecting “I only want to match with coworkers” or “I only want to match with others of my gender” will limit your results. If you aren't getting many matches, try widening your search.